When it comes to keeping your home clean and tidy, a good vacuum cleaner is an absolute must-have. With so many different brands and models out there, however, finding the right one for your needs can be a real challenge. Don’t worry, though – with a little bit of know-how, you can quickly become an expert in what to look for when buying a new vacuum cleaner.
First and foremost, it’s important to understand that not all vacuum cleaners are created equal. Some manufacturers will try to convince you that their machine is the most powerful and effective on the market, but in reality, there are a few key factors that really determine how well a vacuum cleaner will work.
Different Features Of Vacuums To Look Out For
- A filtration or filter system to ensure all dust and dirt is removed and doesn’t get vented back into the air.
- Suction power and the ability to adjust the height of the suction device for different floor types.
- Easy maintenance, including the ability to empty the dirt cup or bag regularly and check for debris in the cleaner.
- Type of design, including upright, canister, handheld, or stick.
- Mains-powered or rechargeable with a built-in battery.
- Cord length and flexibility – the longer the wire better in most cases (unless battery-powered).
- Bag or bagless options and their respective benefits.
- Noise levels and whether they have noise-reducing features.
- Attachments and accessories, including crevice tools, dusting brushes, and pet hair tools.
- Weight and maneuverability for easy use and storage.
- Energy efficiency and energy ratings to help you save on your electricity bills.
- Brand reputation, warranties, and customer reviews.
One of the most important of these factors is the filtration system. A good vacuum cleaner will not only be powerful enough to suck up dirt and dust, but it will also filter out these particles so that they don’t just get blown back into your home’s air. Look for a vacuum cleaner with a high-quality filter that can trap even the smallest particles, so that your home stays clean and healthy.
Another key feature to look for is the power of the suction equipment. Without strong suction, a vacuum cleaner is essentially useless, no matter how much power it has. Make sure the vacuum you choose is able to adjust the height of the suction device, so that it can effectively clean both carpets and hard flooring.
Of course, all the power in the world won’t do you any good if your vacuum cleaner is clogged with dust and debris. That’s why it’s important to choose a machine that’s easy to maintain and keep clean. Make sure you select a vacuum cleaner that has an easy-to-empty dirt cup or bag, and be sure to check for any clogs or blockages on a regular basis.
Overall, the key to finding the perfect vacuum cleaner for your needs is to focus on the features that really matter. Look for a machine with a high-quality filtration system, powerful suction equipment, and easy-to-maintain design, and you’ll be well on your way to a cleaner, healthier home.
If you’re looking for an automatic robotic vacuum to help you keep on top of the chores more easily, see our blog post about whether it’s worth buying a robotic vacuum instead.